The fifth edition of digitalSTROM Developer Days was a great success. Over 70 participants learned about the latest developments in an open and pleasant atmosphere.
The current state and a look into the future of digitalSTROM were presented in the morning of the first day. The afternoon started with an interesting presentation on security in distributed systems. The width of possible applications with digitalSTROM was demonstrated based on ongoing or completed development projects. Find the zipped presentations of the developer days 2014 here.
8! teams were working on self-selected projects:
– Control a Roomba robotic vacuum cleaner with digitalSTROM
– Use sensor values as triggers for user defined actions
– Control a digitalSTROM installation thru dizmo
– Send a push message to a smart phone and confirm or cancel the proposed action
– Trigger actions in a digitalSTROM installation thru IFTTT recepies
– Use Python scripts to generate and control virtual digitalSTROM devices
– integrate Denon audio devices into digitalSTROM
– dS Beat: control the brightness of digitalSTROM Lights thru a microphone. Lets start the party!
Congratulations to all teams for their impressive results!